1.21.2010

A LITTLE OF THIS AND A LITTLE OF THAT - CALGARY PHOTOGRAPHER

Yesterday we let Ella skip school in the morning to go to COP and see the Olympic torch on its way out of Calgary, we thought this was something that doesn't come around everyday and she should see it. She was so very excited when the boy who was taking the torch to get ready to run out let her hold it for a photo! It was a pretty neat experience and we are so glad we made sure she had the chance to do it!

On another note the wonderfully talented photog, Kathy and I have been chatting photography of all things lately and I was telling her I wished I had more natural light in my basement because I would set up a little studio down there and she laughed and told me I didn't need windows, just lights! So today while Miss. Maya Jillian was over for the afternoon I set up my backdrops and bribed her with gummie bears to sit for me..we had lots of fun and I love the pictures I got with her, using only flash!!   Maya's Mom is one of my very good friends and constantly reminds me of the old story the shoe makers kids never have shoes because the photographers friends never get their photos! I promise Shel, if you want some of these I will get them to you ASAP (but ASAP may not have the same meaning to you as it does to me)

The last two are of course Oliver and Ella! I love Oliver's long full eyelashes, he inherited from his Daddy! and Ella at her parents day at Dance...the photo is not the best I was/do struggle with those type of lights but with those kind of photos its more for the memories then the photography perfection!


Ella leaving her and Oliver's best wishes for team Canada! This huge card is being sent to Vancouver!





Having a little fun at the end...Oliver wanted to get in on it too and had to have his picture on the pink backdrop in his hawaiian shorts while it was snowing out!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Gina!

    I saw your comment on my blog. I am actually from Calgary as well:) I love it...and I miss it;( Never the less...I have made many a tutu while being home in the summer and the fabric store...Fabric land...Fannies...I can't remember what it is called...the one on elbow drive and southland always had a good selection of pretty tulle.

    Hope that helps.

    Cristy

    ReplyDelete