2.05.2010

YOUR INVITED....TO A PITTY PARTY | CALGARY PHOTOGRAPHER

I have been having a pitty party for the last two weeks now, I long for Brock to be home, I miss him so much, so much so that I even stopped doing my hair sort of like an "I don't care, I am so sad, feel bad for me" sort of look...well I dodn't know if I should be elated or devastated with all the compliments on how great my hair looks, I was taking a stand against my husbands job, I wanted everyone to wallow in my misery with me but instead of "oh Gina, I'm so sad for you" I got a whole bunch of "you look so put together, I love your hair that way!" I also don't know if this means that I looked like crapola before.

Along with my pitty party because my husband has what I consider to be a crappy job (sorry welders out there, ask your wife they too think its a crappy job, and if they tell you they do not feel this way you probably just got married and arre childless, so ask them again in three years, prefferably at the time your 2 year old son will be discovering himself and expressing it through his many many many outfit changes per day, causing the laundry to pile to the rafters because you don't have time to go down and put a load in for fear he will be changed when you get back should you leave him alone for 10 seconds!) I have also been having a love hate realationship with the infamous Leslie and Kelly wedding photos! This being my very first wedding I want every image to be complete perfection and have been brought to tears over an out of focus, slighly underexposed, oddly angled photo more times then I care to admit! But I stumbled across a photo yesterday that brought back the butterflies photography gives me, it was the simplest photo in the bunch but I could see its potential to be something fabulous!!! and now I am wondering to myself "...hmmm is it odd to hang someone elses wedding photo on your wall in a huge canvas?"

This photo tells a story to me, it almost makes me want to write a book about the characters I am imagining with it, the only thing missing is a vintage suitcase beside Kelly and it would be perfection for me.  To me it screams feminine and masculine intertwined it is my new coveted image, the one that makes me want to keep going, it made me smile and I needed to smile.

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture...
    Love the story...
    Love the "un done" hair...
    and maybe you a little too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I catch what you're feeling about the book... I say WRITE IT! You already have the perfect cover... love the shot - so classic.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete