2.23.2010

ELLA'S SWEET TREATS CUPCAKE PARTY | CALGARY PHOTOGRAPHER

Hours of preparation went into this party! We must thank our good friend Elise for all her hard work helping make Tutu's, her amazing tissue paper flowers and helping bake all the yummy cupcakes and most importantly staying up with me until 1:45am keeping me company while sewing all the aprons! Not to mention her help in keeping the craziness of the party at bay. Wow can a group of 7 year old girls give you a run for you money!! These girls were full of personality and fun! I just wish Oliver hadn't broken the video camera so we could have caught some of the awesome moves at the dance off!!

I truly enjoyed every second that went into planning and putting on the party and I loved watching Ella's eyes light up when she came down in the morning to see all the Tutu's, the next day when she woke up to aprons and flowers and when she got home from school to see all the cupcakes and cupcake cake. I kept saying to people that told me I was crazy for doing it all, "one day she will appreciate it, it might not be tomorrow, or even the next day but one day" I think I was wrong, I think she already appreciates it and we thank Sydney for the chapters gift card, we spent most of the next afternoon sipping coffee and hot chocolate and looking at books, one of our favourite things to do and much need relaxation the next day!

Heres just a few party pictures!



SOOO MANY COLORFUL TUTU'S!!




Oli James got in on the decorating too! and no one pulled the apron off better then he did!




Cupcake decorating was very creative!

Ella and her very sweet friend, Mariah! One of the sweetest pictures from the photo shoot!
Just try and get all these girls to sit for a picture after all the sugar they had eaten!!!

I am already thinking of ideas for next years party!! are you ready Elise????

10 comments:

  1. Gina - what an awesome job you did from the cake to the tutu's and then the aprons! Can I be invited next year?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo's Gina! Great job on the cup cakes and the aprons I am going to steal Sydneys and make a pattern for myself. Where did you find the material? I love the print! Sydney had a blast at the party she could hardly wait to tell us all the details. I am glad that Ella enjoyed the Chapter's gift card, It's a store that you can't go wrong they have sooo many neat things for children and even the big Kids! Talk to you soon, have a wonderful day!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you truly are SUPER mom! The pictures are fantastic, and I LOVE the idea :D I could tell from the light in her eyes, you are right, Ella truly did appreciate every moment. I wish we could have seen the dance off!

    I think Oliver in the Tutu is probably the very best part of that picture. LOVE that boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! Absolutely perfect! I love how the big cupcake cake worked out! The tutus are so super colourful and wonderful! I love the pink backdrop and photos with Ella's friends...very sweet! Very very nice party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Gina..great job on the party and the photos! You truly have a gift of capturing the moment! Wish i could hire you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job Gina!!! I wish you where my mom...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome. The pictures are perfect..... the party looks perfect. So stealing this for Kade when she is older ;)
    Lucky little girl you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Gina and friends.......
    Mariah had a great time to.... She said on our way home "Mom I would like to have a cup cake party for her 7th birthday" and I said "Yes, but we may have to hire Gina as the planner!" All I have to say is YOU ROCK and LOVE the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's my girl, always proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun! How hard was it making the tutu's? I have tried before to make one and did not do so well. lol. I was thinking of having a tutu party also but might have to settle with ordering them online.

    ReplyDelete